Live in Carer
Start Date: Year Round
Length of Employment: Minimum 6 months
Employer: Helping Hands
Living with your client in their home and help with everyday tasks which they can’t manage for themselves such as shopping, cooking, light house work, driving, attending appointments & personal care.
Due to the nature of the role you will work with your client for block periods of time, then have block periods of time off. As an example, during short term placements you could work anywhere from 1-4 weeks on or for permanent placements you can work 5-8 weeks on with 1-2 weeks off in between.
Helping Hands Clients:
Our clients vary in disability, age and level of independence, however generally speaking we care for people with physical disabilities or the elderly. We work to help our clients maintain a quality of life in the comfort of their own home.
Some clients go to work or university, others don’t have a busy schedule. They might require the assistance of their live-in carer to attend medical or social appointments or simply to go shopping. What ever the clients day entails, will be your job description.
You will be carefully matched with a client according to your skills, experience, personality, hobbies & interests to ensure you enjoy your placement as well as your client enjoys your company.
Pay and Other Benefits
- Weekly pay ranges from £450-£580.The amount varies depending on who you are working with.
- Free accommodation: private room in your client’s home
- Free meals
- No bills, fees or living expenses
- The choice between short & long term placements
- The chance to further your career and travel at the same time
- Free 5 days training (in the UK)
- Ongoing support from Helping Hands care staff
- Freedom to travel between placements
- Free local application support
Helping Hands has over 750 clients who need care across England and Wales. They have partnered with Under31 to enable you to apply to work as a live-in carer from home or wherever you are in the world.
- Eligible to work in the UK (2 Year Working Holiday Visa, Ancestry Visa or British Passport)
- Available to work for a minimum of 6 months
- Ability to work independently, under your own initiative
- Caring, compassionate and a fast learner
- Have a clean criminal record
- Willing to assist your client with all personal care needs including showering and toileting
- Must have professional or personal carer experience (paid or have cared for friends/family members) or transferable skills or relevant qualifications
If you fit the above eligibility criteria, click apply now and follow the links.
Successful candidates are supported by Under31, STA Travel and Helping Hands to prepare for your departure. The UK Carer Working Holiday Package includes everything you need to plan, depart, arrive and start work in your new position. We provide endless support to ensure you are never alone on your Working Holiday Journey pre and post departure 🙂
Costs It is absolutely free to apply for any Under31 Working Holiday Job. Only if you are successful do you need to purchase your Working Holiday Package which includes everything you need to get to work in this job. The UK Carer Working Holiday Package costs $2’500 and includes: Not Included: Upgrades: We look forward to hearing from you & helping you get to work in the UK as a Live in Carer with fantastic clients.
It is absolutely free to apply for any Under31 Working Holiday Job. Only if you are successful do you need to purchase your Working Holiday Package which includes everything you need to get to work in this job.
The UK Carer Working Holiday Package costs $2’500 and includes:
We look forward to hearing from you & helping you get to work in the UK as a Live in Carer with fantastic clients.